7/27/2011

Nakamichi TM1 Clock Radio

I never imagined sharing a review of a clock radio but these innovative units really impressed me. Just arrived is the TM1 and it's paired TM2. Quite innovative in it's day as the first clock radio to offer 8 digital station presets.







The main module (left channel) houses the controls for tone and a nice 2 alarm presets. The satellite module which includes a nice 10' patch cord offers a simple second snooze button for your spouses scheduled wake up. Aside from the design is what truly sets this apart from any that I've heard. The sound is brilliant. Ultimately the best sound one could imagine from this bedside setup. Great little amp with brilliant clarity. Nice to run my favorite Toronto JazzFM in the bedroom as well.
These were available in the pictured ivory and also in black. Quality we would expect from vintage Nakamichi products.






















Posted using BlogPress

9 comments:

  1. Can you hook me up with a black one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the round thing under the display? It's on both TM-1 and TM-2 units, so there must be a purpose. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one of these combinations and I'll mention two things - the little 'round things' under the displays are sensors to detect room light levels; they'll dim the display when it gets dark. The 'ivory' look is a discoloration due to age in some of the plastic parts; when I bought the unit, it was pure white all around. Now a question. Anyone seen a hack to add an input for an iPod or other 3.5mm cord? I'd like to hook up a more 'modern' source to this good-sounding radio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My NAk TM! just went keflubbled do you know where I can get it fixed?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine just went belly up, too. Anyone know where to get this gem repaired? It has been my bedside companion for years and years.
    PrindOhio

    ReplyDelete
  6. My TM1 went fbllurkiss it some times tunes in station other times dead air when it is unplugged for a day then plugged back in it can find a signal thena fter a few days of working it has a static tuning or nothing at ll anyone know where o how to fix this great radio?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am looking for a black one - I already have one black and looking for a second to put in my office. Can anyone hook me up with a fully functioning black one?

    Mary
    marydavar@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a black one I have used since 1985 or so. Works perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't remember how to change the presets though. Can anyone help?

    ReplyDelete