Powered By Blogger

5/21/2011

Count Basie/Joe Turner - The Bosses

There are some LP's in my collection that stand out in both dynamics and performance. Vinyl is the main media that I listen to and when the recordings are responsive and the musicianship reach a level that separates it from others I must hear it over and over. True audiophile sound.
Here is a 74' recording of Count Basie and the traditional voice of Joe Turner. True "Bosses" of the early Jazz era that defined music still recorded and covered today. Basie's Piano voicing on this LP are brilliant and I'm blown away by the effortlessness sound of his licks. Vintage sound that only vinyl can reproduce. Recorded in the historical Pablo records Studio in California, you must pick this up to add to your collection of great vinyl. Of course try to find this original Pablo pressing. My favorite track is Since I feel for you. When a record is this poetic and warm it needs to be shared with all audiophiles!



No comments:

Post a Comment